Friday, January 7, 2011

RiotGirl Collection Featured Item: Pinup Purple Glitter Retro Inspired Bowling Bag (VEGAN)



Accordingly to WWD there are about 15 top hot trends in accessories for Fall/Winter 2010-2011....and this accessories designer is not going to overlook a single one.  That's right.  I am up for a lofty challenge.  


First few on the list:  Shiny/Glowing Glossy; Weather/Practical Fashion; Rock-Chic; and Retro Flair


Sooo....I had  this fabric:  glittery fun.  Discoballolicious.  Retro and rockstar.  100% good girl gone bad.


Well.  Paint my lips ruby red in a Benatar snarl and snap my bubblegum! 


This is the bowling bag of your dreams! It's glittery, it's sparkly and it's purple!  A purse of the now...and a purse for the future.

Fully lined, sturdy, and reminiscent of a vintage bowling bag, this tasty little number is meant to be a stylish handbag for that Pinup beauty in your life.

The bottom has little silver-toned purse feet and the handles are kept in place with silver "D" rings.

Best part? (Drum roll, please) This bag is totally vegan friendly! It's completely synthetic...no animal byproducts whatsoever. Green. Fashion forward. Ethically sound.  From the handles to the tiny little purse feet.

This one really fueled my hot hot haute desire to want to put piping on all of my bags....I am trying to keep myself from going back and doing so at this point...and am having rather audible conversations with myself to do it only going forward so that I can stick to my "bag-a-day" challenge.


Piping...for those of you playing along at home...(At least this is what it is when it comes to sewing, I mean, obviously plumbers would say differently, LOL) piping is a type of trim or embellishment consisting of a strip of folded fabric inserted into a seam to define the edges or style lines of a garment or other textile object. Usually this fabric strip is cut on the bias, and is, rather often if not always, folded over a cord. It may be made from either the same fabric  or contrasting fabric...depending on the desired look for the project or garment...it is used as an embellishment....and typically gives things more "pop".


So that all being said.  I have to say that this challenge has plunged me head first into a passionate love affair with details. 


Back to the shop for me....but I will be sure to detail all about the details.  (Like....I really want to add piping...)  I'm now on the quest for perfect zippers and fun things with which to make zipper pulls.......






Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I simply LOVE this bag! I love purple, and sparkles, and bowling bags. This is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also, on zipper pulls - bottle openers and capped corkscrews!

    ReplyDelete