Wednesday, July 9, 2014


I've had two really great successful photo session with Greg Inda of Greg Inda Photography.

And now to post into oblivion.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Everything "YES"...and Now I Want Ethiopian Food.

This year, I gave myself the challenge of “everything ‘yes’”. If I saw it in the thrift shop or mending bin…the answer was: “yes. I will make something out of it”
I try to never limit myself...but I do always throw myself a designer challenge to keep my life interesting.
My sister gave me vintage clothing from the 1980s. Yes.
I found a plethora of vintage things that were pastel. Pastel??  But I'm afraid of pastel. No matter....  "YES".
My neighborhood is Pakistani, Indian, Afghani, Israeli, Croatian, Russian and Ethiopian. Saris. Yes. Habesha Tibeb. Yes. Yes.
Result is a super collection of delicious cantaloupe, coconut, tamarind, lime, plantain, wheat, yam, clove, coffee, chai and curry. Sumptuous velvets, sassy plaids. 

All the spices and twice the sugar? Yes. 
All the warmth - twice the cool?  Yes. 
All the fashion and twice the practicality? YES.
Now serving up a plateful of Chicago summer.  Do not miss it.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Are you kidding me right now?

So apparently - my life is an episode of "Hoarders".  Theatre Addition.  My shop has not been usable since I closed The Mystery of Irma Vepp.  In OCTOBER.

Yes. There is a toaster oven in there. I know, right. Ridiculous. (It bakes FIMO really well...obviously...not while it is in the middle of the floor.

So.  This is really embarrassing.  Problem is that I don't even remotely want to have anything to do with cleaning it. Drudgery.

I'll have to make a game out of it.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Let's do the time warp. Again?

Oh. heavens. So a year has passed. I'm a bad blogger.

So. Today is about getting back on the horse. Giddyap.  Photoshoots, posters, inventory, taxes and book work.  Oh my.

Saturday, March 30, 2013


I am getting married this year. So. Naturally. I've been geeking out on all things bling.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Like It.

 I totally wish I could do all of this social media on the treadmill or something. I'm terrified that I'm going to get a squared ass from all this typing. Anyway.  This is the week of photoshoots and displays.

I feel like a Christmas Elf delivering all the sparkles to Chicago.

(Don't ask. It seemed to make far more sense than "Easter bunny".......meh.)

Tomorrow I see Mr.and Mrs. Digz in Andersonville.  Super cute store. If you're local you should totally check it out.

Most of my beaded necklaces will go there. I launch the larger metal worked mixed media pieces soon too but will probably only do so online initially.

By the way, readers.  Like my blog. Send it to other people.  Like my Tumblr and my Facebook page too.  I try to keep things interesting now that I've actually got stuff to talk about. hahaha.


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today Chicago...Tomorrow the WORLD

So.  Today is all about displays, displays, displays.  I am doing a small batch consignment run here in Chicago.  Making my list, checking it twice.

I find this sort of thing exciting actually. It means that the business part of  this business is slowly starting to work.  Which is pretty cool.

Looking forward to spreading the love of Erin Rose Design around the city.  First, Chicago, tomorrow the world!  LOL