Monday, January 10, 2011

RiotGirl Collection Featured Item: The Tatt Bag

Day 10 of the year 2011.  (actually...it's day 11.  I didn't set this blog to post yesterday....booo)

This bag a day challenge is super.  I've gotten the opportunity to go through all of my really fun fabrics and recycle them....and....what's even cooler is that I've also been able to go through my wardrobe and upcycle things I never ever wear and give them a new lease on life.

I'm not thin, I'm not fat...I just am.  However...I've held onto so many items in my sad little wardrobe that I "might wear again".  As if.  So I decided...in addition to being strict about my goals to create a bag a day for Erin Rose Design....I've also decided to give things in my closet the old "heave ho".

I had this great silk 90s blouse.  It had shoulder pads fit for a hawk to sit on. So....I transformed it into the lining of a sassy little evening bag since it already had great details and a pocket.  Continuing the rock star theme, I have this tattoo fabric that matched it perfectly:


Here's the pics of the fabric....purse pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment