Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learnin'

Uh, so yeah...I set seriously huge ambitious goals for myself.


My Bag-A Day goal was met.
Well, sort of.


Like my brilliant attorney father, I gathered all of the facts:


Fact:  Every time I went to build, I found I was missing a key construction component or tool.
Fact: I cut out over 40 purses, bags, satchels, clutches and coin purses.
Fact: I actually constructed and made about a Baker's dozen.  
Fact:  I am not a Baker, at least not one by trade
Fact: So, I'm thinking that number doesn't help matters much.
Fact:  I photographed about four of them
Fact:  WTF????????
Fact: I gave one as a Christmas present
Fact: I screwed one up so now I have to keep it.
Fact:  I liked one and kept it as a marketing tool
Fact: I am super pleased about my clever green little bag of recycled playing cards, kept that too.


The stats?  Yes, yes.  I got the numbers; formed the equation; scratched head in thought; carried the one;  and came to an answer:  I have about a six purse inventory.


Six.


That number, to be crass and plebeian: sucks it.  Big time.


Epic fail?
Not so much.


I look at this as a successful challenge even if I never even came close to meeting that initial goal.  Why?  Because I didn't slack.  Not  once.  This is something very important I learned about my own personal strengths.


This is it.  This is what I want to do.  So I went for it.  Head first.  Plunge.  And I learned a ton.


Here is what I gleaned from this situation:




  • I now have, in my happy possession, all of the supplies that I need to continue to forge forward.
  • I do have at least 40 bags cut out that I can build from start to finish.
  • I  can photograph these aforementioned bags in the comfort of my own home.
To this, I say "Huzzah".

So.  I reorganized and regrouped this evening.  I categorized the cut out bags and put them into manageable groups.  I am now planning my February attack plan.

First?  Start off with those Shiny Happy Romancers: The Lovers of Valentine's Day.

Goal one:  Make and photograph every flippin' red and pink bag by next weekend.

This is my newest challenge.


Heart challenge.  LOL.

So ok schmoopy romantics.  Fear not.  I will have that groovy blushy bag for you or for your sweetheart.

Gotta go sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment