Thursday, August 9, 2012

The League of Extraordinary Gentlewomen



So.  I’ve always been a fighter and warrior woman type - even if I do wear heels. 

After being utterly decimated by “bridal season," I decided to rise like the proverbial phoenix from the flame:  I will be launching two product lines at the same time.

Handbags and Jewelry in various collections will be featured at the Ravenswood Remix (September 1 and 2) and Ravenswood ArtWalk (September 29 and 30) events here in Chicago.

I am a designer who gives credit where credit is due.  I could not have pulled off this Herculean effort solo.  I have a team of local craft artisans, of whom I am fiercely proud.  They are all supremely talented.  I am lucky to know them.

Here’s what I put in our company brochure:

“We are local to Chicago and therefore everything is produced here and we strive to support local businesses for our supplies. Each piece in every collection is hand crafted from re-purposed product by either myself or members of my team.  Each piece is done individually as we believe that quality is more important than quantity. Our products are created in a pet free, smoke free, hate free environment.”

None of my successes would be possible without them.

They are, hereinafter, the League of Extraordinary Gentlewomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment